Thursday, February 27, 2014

German Pancakes

Last week I decided we were going to have brinner (you know, breakfast for dinner) and I wanted something new. I searched and searched through tons of muffins, casseroles, and pancakes. I saw German Pancakes... I thought hmmm... so I pulled up the recipe and thought dang those are super easy and they even cook in the OVEN! I then searched German Pancakes and in the end had about 4 recipes I was comparing. Of course I did the one thing I do best, intertwined and altered the recipes to what I thought would work and sounded best. They turned out great and my boys were disappointed when they learned there were no left overs for in the morning. *I think they are a mix of french toast and pancakes*


German Pancakes

Ingredients: 
  • 6 Eggs
  • 2/3 C. Milk
  • 2/3 C. Heavy Cream
  • 4 Tbsp. Sugar
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Vanilla
  • 1 C. Flour
  • 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 475.
  • In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a mixer.
  • Stir in milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
  • Sift in the flour and blend.
  • Let sit 10-20 minutes.
  • While the batter is sitting, butter a 9x13 glass dish. Pour in the batter.
  • Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Top with syrup and dust with powdered sugar. Serve!
                                                 *This served a family of 5 with other sides, such as eggs and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment